Construction Management/Real Estate Property Management Intern
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Apply today. Due to the three terms in which we seek interns our application deadlines are rolling. WISH must make a decision approximately a month before our new term begins.
**START AND END DATES ARE FLEXIBLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE**
HOUSING: WISH will provide double occupancy WISH furnished housing free of charge to Intern for the term of the Internship.
COMPENSATION: Unpaid Internship. WISH will work with academic advisors and faculty to support college credits.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS: It is the goal of WISH to help the right intern sharpen or develop the following skills that will help them become successful in their chosen careers
· Gain practical business experience
· Improve written communication skills for the business environment
· Improve time management skills, in the business environment there are generally many balls up in the air. It takes skill and practice to put them in the right order and execute.
· Work in a team environment with facilities management, designers, architects and contractors
· Learn how to manage projects at multiple locations of varying degrees
· Learn how to manage a schedule
· Improve management skills and develop leaderships skills to lead a team
· Learn the importance of contingency planning.
· Gain negotiation skill and experience
· Gain or improve upon networking skills, while making valuable professional contacts
· Assist with the management of improvement projects
· Assist with obtaining necessary permits and licenses
· Assist with property inspections
· Review contracts and provide input
· Manage and maintain properties project improvement logs; maintenance logs; equipment and supply logs
· Report resident complaints to General Manager
· Post and remove flyers, building notices
· Work with staff and volunteers on event day to make the WISH event a success
· Other Duties as Assigned
· Available weekends when required
· Construction Management or Real Estate/Property Management related studies
· Great communication skills and outgoing personality
· Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
· Strong writing and editing skills
· Basic familiarity with construction and real estate
· Tolerance of diversity among residents
· MS Office skills
· Self-starters a must