Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Events Manager, is responsible for helping to ensure high quality night-time events and positive guest experiences. Assists with the coordination of all Riverbanks’ public and member events and festivals.
- Supports all stages of event planning and will physically assist with the set-up and break-down of all Riverbanks’ Signature Events.
- Works in partnership with human resources to ensure special event volunteers are placed and ready to support various areas of event operations.
- Maintains the ticketing database for events.
- Conducts research for events. Researches and reports on national and regional trends in attractions and special event production and marketing.
- Works in conjunction with the Events Technicians, maintains monthly timelines for events, and monitors the progress on a continuum.
- Cooperates with other zoo and garden departments to facilitate event success. Cultivates and maintains a positive working environment. Effectively interacts and communicates with employees, volunteers, and various external groups/vendors.
- Helps to maintain Riverbanks’ reputation for high quality events and aesthetics to advance the mission and encourage support of the zoo and garden.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or HRTM preferred. Minimum of 18-24 months experience in event planning or HRTM industry is required; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority. Outstanding organization, planning, and communication (written and verbal) skills are required in this role. Must be proficient with current computer applications to include MS Office Suite. Flexible for morning, after-hours, and weekend assignments. Must be able to work in all weather conditions, physically lift up to 35 pounds, and climb ladders on a frequent basis. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license.