FULL-TIME MONKEY CAREGIVER
Duties include General husbandry for nearly 300 New World monkeys:
• Clean, repair and landscape outdoor habitats
• Clean, repair and decorate indoor enclosures.
• Prepare and serve diets.
• Monitor the monkeys' physical and emotional well-being.
• Participate in medical procedures and restraint and capture, when necessary.
• Construct and furnish new habitats.
• Plan and monitor socializations.
• General grounds keeping and maintenance.
• Clean and repair sanctuary buildings.
• Direct and oversee interns, volunteers and groups.
• Recordkeeping and scheduling.
• Learn and communicate to visitors the monkey's species, back stories and natural origin.
• Participate in fundraising campaigns, outreach and advocacy for captive primates.
The work is labor intensive and the Florida climate is very hot and humid in the summer. In the winter, temperatures can drop to the 20s, and duties include heater checks throughout the night during freezing temperatures. The work is difficult and can be stressful, but the rewards are great!
For the safety of the monkeys and co-workers, we do not accept applicants who smoke. Communal meals are vegan. You cannot store, cook or consume animals at Jungle Friends. We promote veganism.