Fight Poverty as an AmeriCorps VISTA 2019-2020!
UWTC's AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring their passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. The most pressing challenges we face as a nation require the most courageous and creative people to address them. An AmeriCorps VISTA member serves as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions.
Join our United Way of Thurston County AmeriCorps VISTA team of 20 VISTA members in Washington state's Pierce, Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, and Clallam counties. We are seeking AmeriCorps VISTA members to commit to a year of national service to fight poverty in our community.
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA service:
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $472.22 (pre-tax)
- End-of-service award (choice of $6,095 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or approximately $3,000 cash stipend)
- Childcare assistance
- Loan forbearance and interest accrual payment or deferment on qualified student loans
- Transportation and relocation assistance
- Comprehensive leave benefit
- High-quality training, orientation, and professional development
- Non-competitive eligibility (NCE) status upon completion of service
- Unique team experience as part of United Way and AmeriCorps networks