Operations Account Manager
Summary: An Operations Account Manager (OAM) serves as the primary liaison between one or more key customer accounts and iTradeNetwork. Able to communicate effectively across all internal business groups--from engineering to legal--as well as across all levels of the business, an OAM interacts closely with Product Managers, Sales Managers, Engineering Managers, Customer Success Managers, and their respective teams to develop and sustain strategic relationships with customers.
The ideal candidate for the OAM position can develop both a strategic and tactical understanding of customer needs across all aspects of the business relationship. For example, a single key customer may use multiple software solutions across multiple business groups. An OAM must be able to understand and track the business needs and technical challenges faced by those distinct teams. This can include an understanding, or an ability to learn, business processes such as querying databases, reviewing code, drafting Level-of-Effort estimates and Statements-of-Work, navigating Legal approvals, supporting Sales, and aiding Customer Support.
Acting as a single knowledgeable point of contact, information regarding any aspect of the business relationship is easily available from the OAM, or easily found and reported back by the OAM.
• Strategic Customer Support Management
• Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one-year as well as multi-year period
• Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
• Partners with customers on business processes (workflows) and identifies opportunities for greater efficiencies utilizing existing iTrade solutions
• Provides overall status reviews for internal management on client issues and satisfaction levels
• Tracks Operational Issues for Top Clients
• Monitors resolution progress for each customer on their open issues; prompts internal attention on those items that may be languishing, including Professional Service engagements, and development efforts
• Provides analytics and metrics on customer support cases to clients
• Sets up touchpoint meetings with each customer on a mutually-decided upon cadence (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly)
• Client Advocacy - Single Point of Contact for Resolution of Operational Issues
• Ensures availability and contact points for assigned clients
• Provides management escalation on items as necessary
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Computer Science or Business majors preferred. A minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in support of business operations is also required. Years of experience can be minimized/waived against advanced degrees.
· Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
· Demonstrated ability to contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork; strong collaborative behavior and open communication
· Experience interfacing with others via phone and email at all levels from senior management to junior staff
· Excellent internal and external communication skills (verbal and written); Ability to ask specific questions to help determine the problem or issue and explain solution or resolution to all levels of customer (business, technical, etc.)
· Recommend suitable functional improvements to products that eliminate processing failures and/or increase usability for customer(s)
· Expert technical skills in any of the following are desired: Web servers, Linux/Unix Operating systems, Files servers, Java, Oracle database, etc.
· Experience with the retail food supply chain and EDI is beneficial
· Experience using Salesforce, Microsoft Office (specifically, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word), is necessary for the position.
· Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus