Accountant, Retail Financial Accounting (Recent Graduates)
Accountant, Retail Financial Accounting - Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Manager, Retail Financial Accounting, the Accountant is responsible for supporting the completion of financial accounting and reporting tasks which include:
- Complete day-to-day accounting and month-end close processes, including journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Download bank activity and maintain GL mapping in treasury management system for US and Foreign bank accounts.
- Prepare and post necessary multi-currency entries related to bank activity.
- Review imported freight journals in accounting system for accuracy and post; resolving errors as needed.
- Work with other departments as needed to improve inter-departmental processes and to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and work well with competing deadlines
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to troubleshoot issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a recognized institution
- CPA or CMA is preferred
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Up to 3 years of relevant business experience is preferred
- Understanding of IFRS & US GAAP rules
- Demonstrated analytical skills are required
- Intermediate level of Excel skills is required
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran