Agriculture Investigator, Senior - Dairy Processing Plants Inspector
Dairy Processing Plants Inspector
Agriculture Investigator, Senior
Open for Recruitment: November 8, 2018 - November 14, 2018
Announcement # 00375090140
Salary Range: $20.00-$26.00 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!
Location(s): Twin Falls
"Serving consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through education and regulation."
This Agriculture Investigator, Sr. opening is being recruited as an under-fill for an Agriculture Program Specialist position based in Twin Falls but available to work statewide. Once the successful candidate meets the minimum requirements for the Dairy Processing Plant Ag. Program Specialist position, they will become an Ag. Program Specialist and their pay rate will be changed to the Ag. Program Specialist starting pay rate.
Dairy Processing Plant Inspections
- Pasteurizer Timings
- Sanitation Inspections
- Sampling (finished product and raw product)
- Review plant inspections and pasteurizer timings made by the dairy staff
- Plant design, equipment review and approval
State Rating Officer (Upon receiving proper credentials)
- Conduct State BTU farm ratings for IMS compliance
- Conduct State plant ratings for IMS compliance
USDA Dairy Processing Plant Inspections (Upon receiving proper credentials)
- Sanitation Inspections
- Product Grading and Sampling (Cheese and NDM Powder)
Bulk Hauler Inspection
- Test and evaluate bulk haulers, tankers and equipment
Farm Sanitation, Animal Welfare, Odor, Dead Animal Disposition
- Schedule and conduct farm inspections
- Respond to complaints
- A cell phone with an Idaho area code, furnished by the employee, is required for this position and is eligible for reimbursement under the Cell Phone Reimbursement policy.
Minimum Qualification: This qualification is a mandatory requirement.Work experience preparing narrative reports
Specialty Areas: These qualifications are mandatory requirements.
- This position requires a valid driver's license
- Good knowledge of processing plants
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Examination: Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 100 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete. To preview the exam, click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to apply from this screen. Please follow the directions under "How to Apply".
To Apply: Click on the Apply Online button within the announcement and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When completing your online application information, please select/add:
- Department of Agriculture under “Agencies"
- Full-time employment under “Job Type/Shift”
- Twin Falls under “Cities”
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. Without this information, you name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Items in the Application Checklist to include:
- Personal Information
- Work History
- Job Type
Candidates who reach the final hiring stage will be required to participate in a criminal background check. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate applications from consideration, but may be considered as part of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in the Idaho Department of Agriculture!