(CEN) Information Security Associate Engineer
Security Operations Center Analyst
The Security Operations Analyst will manage, maintain, and monitor ttec security solutions and provide Tier-1 Support and Security Incident Management.
The Security Operations Analyst will perform a variety of security duties and will ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner. The Security Operations Center (SOC) will interact frequently with Information Security, and other members of the technical teams at TeleTech, so it is important to communicate clearly and concisely. Additionally, the SOC will work very closely with the IT Operations and Engineering teams, so will need to bring or develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
The SOC will be providing 24x7 security operations monitoring and support for the ttec core network and services. The SOC must have a solid understanding of ttec's products and processes; SOC Analysts must be eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative and analytical skills to tackle a broad range of problems.
- Monitor security tools (Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Anti-Malware, Firewalls, Centralized Logging system, Security Information and Event Management tools)
- Identify current and potential problem areas, escalating and responding as appropriate
- Monitor several industry sources for threat information and information security risks and recommends risk mitigation strategies
- Perform vulnerability scanning, analysis, notification, and follow-up
- Monitor Global Information Security Mailbox and route requests and questions appropriately
- Knowledge of information security principles, concepts, practices
- Knowledge of networks and operating systems
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical information technology security issues
- Ability to assess risk factors and advise on vulnerability of attack from a variety of sources
- Ability to create or review procedures for protection of systems and applications
- Ability to ensure coordination and/or collaboration on security activities
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly
- Beneficial experience includes:
- Security incident detection, response, remediation
- Cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation
- Assessing and remediating Microsoft enterprise vulnerabilities
- Security metrics development and management
- CIRT/CERT experience
- Experience with any Vulnerability Scanner (nessus experience ideal)
- Security Certifications, such as: CISSP, GIAC certifications, Security +, CISCO, Red Hat, or Microsoft certifications
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems
Education and experience:
- Level I, Candidate will possess 0-1 years of experience in Information Systems or IT security-related functions. IT degree and/ or training is very helpful.