Executive Director for Assisted Living
Tobin and Associates, a National Executive Search Firm is currently seeking an Executive Director to become a part of large Assisted-Living organization just Northeast of the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area.
Our clients are looking for candidates that have a passion for working with seniors. This position is fast paced, rewarding and challenging. You will be given plenty of room for creative thinking and development of programs and services for the Residents as well as the team members. You will be expected to manage the budget, meet occupancy and revenue requirements, direct the overall operation of the Community as well as maintain compliance with all applicable State and Federal Regulations. Juggling many balls at once is not unusual in the assisted-living care setting.
Sound like the right position for you? The ideal Executive Director candidate must have proven success in managing in a long-term care, assisted living, health care, senior housing or hospitality environment and be able to follow standard policies and procedures while demonstrating outstanding customer service and communication skills. Our clients can offer a competitive salary and bonus structure, benefits package, and 401k savings plan.
· Overall administration of the Community, including strategic planning, goal setting, financial activities and reporting
· Maintaining excellent service quality, high occupancy, and meeting corporate financial goals within established budgetary guidelines
· Provides leadership in developing and implementing systems for efficient and comprehensive service/care. Ensures accountability, communication, and good working relationships among the team
· Ensures compliance of programs and facilities with regulatory agencies (city, state and federal).
· Directs on-going activity for marketing director to meet occupancy goals
Required Work Experience:
· Have 1-3 years’ consecutive experience in the last 5 years managing high-quality senior living communities with demonstrated success in meeting financial goals specific to assisted living or related fields such as hospitality
· Must be licensed as a LNHA or PCHA in good standing in the State of Pennsylvania
· Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, team members, vendors and the general public
· Be an outstanding communicator, coach and mentor
· Provide values-based leadership by example; demonstrating credibility, discipline, follow-through, consistency, and strong team orientation
· Experience with financial reporting and managing budgets
· Must be able to supervise employees using independent judgment and discretion
· Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly