Department of Agriculture
1/24/2019 11:59 PM Mountain
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/2299626/dairy-inspector
"Serving consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through education and regulation."
The Idaho State Department of Agriculture is currently recruiting for a Dairy Inspector (Agriculture Investigator, Sr.) in the Animal Industries Division.
Example of Duties
- Promotes awareness and acceptance of best management practices related to consumer protection, animal health, food production and processing, marketing laws, regulations and standards.
- Conducts or assists in monitoring, evaluating, inspecting and investigating agricultural and commercial activities to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, regulations and standards; i.e. Grade A farm inspections, farm waste inspections, bulk hauler/tanker inspections, and milk production sampling.
- Provides training and information to the public, growers, dealers, and manufacturers.
- Responds to inquiries regarding program requirements.
- Receives training to collect evidence in accordance with law, rule, policy, quality assurance, and chain of custody procedures.
- Learns to evaluate extent of damage and risk of continued out-of-compliance activities to humans, plants, animals, the economy and the environment.
- Explains findings and rationale for corrective actions to parties involved.
- Participates in enforcement actions, citations, and operating or marketing authorization revocations and suspensions.
- Compiles evidence and participates with division staff in preparing cases.
- A cell phone with an Idaho area code, furnished by the employee, is required for this position and is eligible for reimbursement under the Cell Phone Reimbursement policy.
- Willing to obtain USDA butter grading credentials to conduct routine butter grading assignments.
This qualification is a mandatory requirement.
- Experience writing narrative reports
Specialty Areas: These qualifications are mandatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of livestock (beef, dairy or equine), milk processing facilities, or environmental compliance experience relating to animal production
- This position requires a valid driver's license
Desirable Area: These qualification are not required; however, if you have the related background it may increase your score
- Good knowledge of soil sampling
- Good knowledge of waste management/waste containment
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Candidates who reach the final hiring stage will be required to participate in a criminal background check. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate applications from consideration, but may be considered as part of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in the Idaho Department of Agriculture!
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
email@example.com or at (208) 332-8520