Business Development Manager
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies. Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
The mission for the Channel Sales Development Associate/Business Development Associate is to drive growth and scale across our markets (currently 6 states and counting) by sourcing, launching and stabilizing best-in-class field sales or field marketing organizations to sell Inspire's products and services, primarily through in-store retail and other face-to-face programs. To tackle this mission, this leader will build a strong pipeline of potential sales partners, find those that are a fit and onboard them successful before handing off to the Sales Channel Management team. Often times, the success of these partnerships comes down to the strength of the relationships that are built, and this role will forge those connections!
- Scourer social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and others to identify appropriate sales partners.
- Source, secure and launch new channel partners with field/in-person sales capabilities in door to door, retail, event or experiential settings, with potential for small business and telesales, as needed
- Build relationships with prospective partners, lead planning phase and development of key terms internally in partnership with Director of Sale Channel Development, and work with senior leadership on contract approval
- Support the sales representative onboarding process by working with the Sales Operations team, including Inspire's Mission, Vision and Values, training through Inspire Academy, and any required materials or documents
- Travel to local markets to conduct evaluation meetings, new team launches, trainings and live monitoring of sales interactions to provide insights and feedback critical to the early success of a program
- Other ad hoc projects that support growth and expansion with new markets, partners, and/or channels, including close collaboration with Business Development or Retail Partner Management teams, as applicable
- Build strong working relations across Sales, Member Experience, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Data Science & Analytics, and Technology
- You are detail-oriented, analytical, and an avid problem-solver
- You are skilled with social media, specifically searching for people and companies
- You have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks with urgency
- You're written and oral communication skills are flawless
- You're able to work independently but collaborate with multiple teams and departments to accomplish your objectives
- You're humble and a true team-player
- You're willing to travel up to 10% of the work week to maintain partner relations and deliver results
Compensation for this position includes a competitive base salary plus commission based on performance against targets, health benefits, an equity plan, unlimited vacation and a 401(k) plan. Our East Coast HQ is located in Philadelphia's Center City with floor-to-ceiling views of City Hall, standing desks, and an open, collaborative environment. In addition to traveling to visit sales partners and local markets, you'll regularly visit sunny Santa Monica.