Park-wide Mechanical Systems Technician, Yellowstone National Park
The Park-wide Mechanical Systems Tech is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park.
- This position is responsible for Overseeing the proper operation, maintenance and repair of all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems in Xanterra-assigned facilities including associated Building Automation Systems (BAS). Housing is not provided for this position.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
A day in the life of a Park-wide Mechanical Systems Tech:
- Developing and providing HVAC and BAS operating, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair training for location maintenance personnel.
- Assisting in the development, periodic review and continuous improvement of HVAC and BAS System Planned Maintenance (PM) procedures.
- Coordinating with location maintenance Storekeepers and the Repair / Maintenance Purchasing Agent to ensure appropriate inventory levels of HVAC and BAS parts and supplies are established and maintained.
- Ensuring HVAC and BAS installations, repairs and replacements accomplished by Xanterra staff or electrical contractors meet applicable codes and functional requirements.
- Providing the physical and technical skills necessary for performing the diagnosing, maintenance, and repair/ replacement of building HVAC and BAS systems throughout company-operated facilities.
- Documenting repair part inventory, labor & materials expended and asset management actions in the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Providing assistance and oversight of the cyclic opening and closing of buildings, specifically the proper startup, shut-down and lay-up of building HVAC systems.
- Representing the Engineering Department as the HVAC and BAS technical expert in dealings with vendors, contractors, engineers, the National Park Service, as well as with internal Xanterra Operations Department customers.
- Assisting with the in-house review, comment and inspection of HVAC and BAS designs, proposals and installations.
- Assisting with the recruitment, interview and selection process for location Mechanical Technicians.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
The Park-wide Mechanical Technician must:
- Be proficient in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of HVAC and BAS systems.
- Be proficient in the use of tools, materials and diagnostic equipment common to the HVAC and BAS trades.
- Possess the interpersonal skills required to efficiently communicate at all levels.
- Possess a working knowledge of applicable codes and OSHA regulations.
- Possess hand tools necessary to perform job responsibilities.
- Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite and demonstrate the capability to quickly develop proficiency in Company and department specific software.
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.