Technology Engineering Program (TEP) – DevOps
Technology Engineering Program (TEP) – DevOps: MGM early career technologists are immersed in an integrated learning environment and are supported by a built-in network of leadership advisors. This paid 52-week program will introduce recent graduates to the exciting world of hospitality and entertainment. It provides participants with a variety of opportunities including professional development, executive exposure, and hands-on learning experiences unlike any other. MGM’s early career technologist program opens doors to career growth opportunities that can only be provided by a global industry leader like MGM Resorts International.
- Integrate into the Information Technology department and be specifically aligned to their goals and development opportunities in their chosen area of concentration (Infrastructure & Operations, Software Development, Project Management, etc).
- Network with Company leaders
- Rotate through one or more specialized teams in order to gain a cross-functional understanding of the MGM Resorts technology strategy
- Participate in MGM Resorts’ Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives by engaging in diversity training, philanthropic events, etc.
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited college or university
- Currently hold and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale
- Ability to obtain a Gaming License or other certificates and licenses on-own if required
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- At least 1 year of cumulative work and/or internship experience
- At least 1 year of volunteer and/or active student organization leadership experience
- Strong general technical knowledge of Information Technology and an area of specialization associated with prior education and experience (Networking, Infrastructure, Programming, Software, Database, etc)
- Demonstrates analytical processes with strong communication skills
- Project orientation and ability to handle simultaneous functions
- Focused, strong work ethic, and self-motivated
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
- Hands on experience with Java/J2EE, Node.js, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience using Configuration Management tools like: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt/Saltstack, etc
- Front-end web/UI development experience.
- Experience in Machine learning projects using Spark ML lib, Python, etc. is a plus