Assistant Resident Engineer
McMillen Jacobs Associates' is looking for an Assistant Resident Engineer with 5-10 years of construction management experience in highway, sewer, water main, pipeline or other underground construction.
- Assist Resident Engineer in supervisor and management office personnel, including Office Engineer, Community Liaison, and inspectors at the direction of the Resident Engineer.
- Review field paperwork, to include;
- Requests for Information (RFI)
- Contractor Submittals
- Construction Schedules
- Inspection Reports and Logs
- Agendas and Meeting Minutes
- Change Management Logs
- Safety Plans and Safety Audits
- Contractor and CM Payments
- Assist in the preparation of Change Orders, Overruns, and Claims
- Oversee field inspections of the Contractor's work
- Interact with all Contractors/ Subcontractors performing the work and maintain a professional relationship with them to provide the Client with the highest quality end-product.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Client and/or Owner to facilitate the completion of work on time and on budget and to better address construction conflicts in an effort to minimize their impact on the project schedule and budget.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary to facilitate the construction work as directed by the Resident Engineer
- Qualified for ASCE grade III
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Project Management or other related construction field from an accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineering registration in New York or CCM is ideal but not required. Engineer-In-Training certificate is a plus, but not required.
- Five years' experience with infrastructure water main, gas main, and sewer main installation and inspection; utility relocations; sidewalk and roadway restoration or replacement; and landscape restorations is a plus.
- Experience in tunneling, microtunneling, HDD, and shaft excavation construction is a plus.
- Experience with working with NYC Agencies (NYC DDC, NYC DEP, NYCDOT) is preferred.
- Ability to manage a number of concurrent assignments and priorities, and supervise, train, and mentor office personnel, including Office Engineer, Community Liaison, staff engineers, and inspection staff.
- Strong team building, analytical and technical communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and versed in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- CAD knowledge and drafting experience is a plus.
- Experience with Primavera software is ideal.
- Experience reading contract drawings and specifications.
- Willingness to travel for assignments as needed.
- Willingness to work swing or night shifts when needed during Contract work.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position to perform field inspections which include: the ability to navigate over rough terrain, descend/ascend ladders into trenches or deep shafts and carry up to 30 lbs. as needed.
- OSHA 10 hour is required.
- ACI (Grade 1), Hazwoper, Confined Space, Fall Protection and Various training certificates a plus.
Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, Matching 401(k), and stock program, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients from 21 offices with over 350 staff members internationally, our superior technical skills includes environmental studies and permits; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering; hydraulics and hydrology; CFD modeling; and tunnel and underground project engineering. We also have leading professionals in fisheries, hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation; as well as claims and dispute resolution.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.