Process Safety Engineer I - Fire Protection - Kiewit OGC Engineering
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Work as a Fire protection engineer within Process Safety Engineering.
• Under supervision analyses hazards and determines the extent of fire protection needed per codes and project requirements.
• Develops project design documents for fire water, fire and gas systems, fire extinguishers and other fire protection.
• Performs basic calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer. Seeks out more experienced engineer for guidance and expertise.
• Defines, identify the problem and report to a senior engineer.
• Has solid foundation of understanding and ability to use technical knowledge.
• Expand knowledge through training and work experience.
• Learn codes and standards to complete assignments.
• Perform non-routine technical assignments of limited scope.
• Perform tasks according to company procedure industry codes and regulations.
• Handles various assignments, including rework, in timely manner to meet schedule deadlines.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Chemical Engineering with Fire Protection minor minimum required.
• 0-2 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
• Good familiarity with application of fire codes for industrial petrochemical facilities.
• Receives direction from more experienced engineer.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Present ideas clearly and in professional manner.
• High level of self-discipline, motivation, and ability to operate in a team environment.
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt