Clinical Therapist (SUD, Developmental Pediatrics, or Adult)
Harbor is seeking a full-time clinician who assumes clinical responsibility for ongoing treatment of clients. Must be willing to work 1 evening a week. Harbor supports staff development and offers Clinical Supervision for staff seeking advanced licenses.
- Maintains clinical responsibility for individual, family and/or group counseling of clients.
- Provides diagnostic assessments, treatment planning and completes necessary updates as required.
- Completes discharge or linkage to other additional services as needed.
- Types clinical documentation in the format appropriate and acceptable to Harbor and submits all documentation according to Harbor policy.
- May conduct home based Diagnostic Assessments, Individual and Group counseling, and Case Management in the home or other community setting if clinically indicated.
- Participates in individual and group supervision as indicated by supervisor. Receives and responds to supervisory meetings and guidance.
- Obtains supervisor’s signature on all Diagnostic Assessments, treatment plans, discharge summaries and other documentation requiring co-signature for licensure.
- Provides billable services, fulfills or exceeds unit expectations established by Harbor.
- Provides effective and efficient management of caseload. The number of open inactive cases must not exceed 10% of the total caseload.
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance on identified outcome measures and client satisfaction reports.
- Participates in peer consultations, staff meetings and continuing education.
- Facilitates referrals to appropriate internal and/or external resources where indicated.
- Provides consultation and education service to individual and community groups as requested and possible.
- Participates in agency-wide and departmental clinical research.
- Participates in program development as requested and where possible.
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies, and demonstrates continued growth.
- Provides Community Psychiatric Supportive services, including, but not limited to, the following: Assesses client needs and formulates a strength-based ISP in conjunction with the client, family and/or significant others, evaluates and revises the ISP in conjunction with the client, family and/or significant others, evaluates and revises the ISP according to the client’s responses and needs, crisis prevention/intervention, provides support, education and consultation to clients, families, and/or significant others, provides therapeutic interventions as noted in the ISP to maintain the client in the least-restrictive environment and to enhance client and family functioning, monitors clients to identify and minimize effects of psychiatric symptoms, provides education on self-management of symptoms to clients, families and/or significant others, assists the client and family in increasing social support skills and networks, coordinates indicated evaluations and assessments by internal and/or external providers, coordinates and monitors all services identified in the ISP, and provides assistance in gaining access to essential community resources.
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Social Work or a related Behavioral/Mental health field from an accredited college or university and 3 years of experience.
- Requires a license to practice as a Social Worker/ Counselor in Ohio (LSW, LISW, LISW-S, LPC, LPCC-S, PC, PCC, or PCC-S).
- Must be honest, dependable, self-disciplined, organized and be able to work well as a team member.
- Must have documented training and competency in DSM 5, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
- Must have good documentation, treatment and assessment skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and be deemed insurable through Harbor’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Must be proficient and accurate in computer use, including Microsoft Word.
- CPR/First Aid and NCI/CPI Certifications Required within 90 days of employment.