Teacher-Art 860 (2019-2020) Elementary
PURPOSE OF JOB: Teaches various arts to students in Elementary School.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches skills in the various arts to elementary students.
- Plans a balanced art program and organizes daily class time so that student preparation for class and instructions are accomplished within the allotted time.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each individual student.
- Utilizes a variety of art material and subjects that are appropriate for the ages and skill level of the students.
- Controls the storage and use of art supplies.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Identifies pupils’ needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health problems.
- Supervises students in out-of-class activities.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in facility committees and sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintains professional competency through in-service education provided by the district and in self –selected professional growth activities related to art.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Missouri Art Teaching Certification (K-12)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least ten pounds. Job requires the employee occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual ability requires mono and color vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: 185 day calendar; 8hrs/day, 5 days/week
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance are provided.
KCPS Defined Benefit Pension plan – mandatory 9% contribution is required from employee and matched by KCPS; Voluntary retirement savings plans are also available.