C # WPF Developer
At ARA, we strive to find valuable colleagues with not only to give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. As a C# WPF Developer on our team, you will be responsible for developing technology critical to the success of our projects as well as national security.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is actively seeking C# WPF Developers for hands-on design and development of advanced user interfaces for modeling and simulation software systems. Join our Agile team of computer scientists and engineers to work on a complex software platform with everything from a cutting-edge, physics-based simulation engine to realistic 3-D and GIS graphical displays and custom user interfaces for analysis of data.
As a valued team contributor your tasks will include developing technologies to support real-world planning operations. The collaborative team of engineers and scientists researching and developing these technologies are part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences.
If you’re interested, here’s a sample of what you will get a chance to work on.
- Use your expertise to design and implement complex yet intuitive user interfaces based on Windows Presentation Foundation libraries using C#
- Work with Object-Oriented software design principles to craft creative new solutions.
- Integrate a variety of advanced simulation technologies to produce powerful software tools to aid decision-making
- Apply your knowledge to solve challenging real-world customer problems and communicate complex concepts to non-expert audiences.
- Work closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential.
C# WPF Developer Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Experience with C# and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Knowledge of:
- Object-oriented development
- Modern software tools (e.g., Visual Studio, Git, Subversion, JIRA, Cmake, TFS)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
C# WPF Developer Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience with C++/CLI and/or native C++
- Experience working on modeling and simulation programs
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Interest in presenting material to customers
- Experience with algorithm development
- Experience with 3-D graphics
- Experience with GIS software development
This position requires strong coding skills in C#.
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with intelligence community and DoD programs you will need to be a US citizen with an active DoD Security Clearance or eligible to obtain one (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), benefits package, relocation opportunities, and a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace, in 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally Southeast Division has its own Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women in order to maximize career and professional accomplishments. Our division is also very socially oriented with activities for our employees ranging from attending a local baseball game in the summer to monthly get-togethers, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments and so on! For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com