Administration and Accounting Internship
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org) is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools that they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings, and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity, and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. At Vital Voices, we believe, and we are proving, that investing in women improves the world.
The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated undergraduate intern who will support the Finance and Administration team. This team manages office operations and financial activities within the organization including weekly payment requests, procurement, grant management, accounting, and much more. The Finance and Administration Intern will directly assist the office and finance coordinator, the Controller, and the VP of Finance and Administration with a wide range of projects related to the Finance and Administration team. This position reports to the Office and Finance Manager.
The internship requires a commitment of 20-40 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but students may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, and summer terms, and preference will be given to students who can commit to a full semester. Working remotely is not available for the internship.
· On-the-job training for a variety of skills
· Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
· A chance to learn about international advocacy
· Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
· Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship
· Support in managing the office budget, primarily with owning the supply ordering process on a weekly basis
· Create payment requests on a weekly basis
· Enter all company invoices into the accounting system (Microsoft Great Plains) on a weekly basis
· Input wire payments into accounting system (Microsoft Great Plains) on a weekly basis
· Reconcile the company American Express and credit card of VP of Administration and Finance on a monthly basis.
· Research projects to improve companywide processes
· Assist with logistics and office administration
· Support Controller with accounting tasks such as routine journal entries
· Potential support with companywide events
· Other administrative tasks as necessary
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with an interest in global women’s development and advocacy, business, accounting, finance or related field
· Computer literacy (Microsoft Suite)
· Self-starter with ability to work independently
· Be proficient in multitasking such as answering phone calls, welcoming guests and monitoring reception area
· Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities