Electrical Engineer - Entry Level
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is a solutions-oriented research, development and manufacturing organization founded in 1986. Our mission is to develop and implement emerging technologies into military and private sector products that provide a technological advantage. Areas of expertise include thermal control, energy conversion, power electronics, turbo-machinery, chemical technology and materials science. For more info on our firm, please visit us on the web at www.mainstream-engr.com
Due to continued growth, our firm is seeking entry level Electrical Engineers for the design of control algorithms, layout of PCBs, and overall software architecture development for the control and operation of power electronic converters. This role will work closely with the power converter hardware designers and will provide a collaborative environment for the development of novel control algorithms, signal processing, and converter control on state of the art DSPs. Electrical Engineers play a critical role in developing not only our power electronics products, but provide vital sub-system design support for products related to thermal control and energy conversion.
Electrical Engineers will:
· Design, layout, fabricate, and test printed circuit boards that include current, voltage, temperature, and other environmental sensors
· Implement control algorithms for dc-dc, ac-dc, and dc-ac converters and motor drives
· Design highly optimized c-code for use on multi-processor systems
· Implement communication algorithms including CAN, RS-232, and RS-485
· Develop large scale high fidelity test beds for testing of power electronic products
· Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms and advanced digital filtering techniques
· Work largely with Texas Instruments C2000 DSPs and microcontrollers
Mainstream Engineering is a research and development firm ideally located on the Florida’s Space Coast, convenient to all of Florida’s desirable activities. Several unique aspects of employment at Mainstream Engineering are:
· Opportunities to explore your own interests, manage your own projects, diversify your experience as well as carve out a niche for yourself in applied research and development
· Publish technically and peer-reviewed manuscripts as well as patent innovations
· Exposure to the full product development process from conception to manufacturing
· Potential to advance technologies beyond the current state of the art
· Freedom of movement between multiple projects and technology areas
· Work on challenging problems for government and private-sector clients
· BS in electrical engineering required with a minimum GPA of 3.3, MS and PhDs a plus
· Interest in Digital Signal Processing, microcontrollers, motor controls and developing systems for military applications.
· United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
Mainstream Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting opportunities to and prohibiting discrimination against protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other qualified persons without regard to their race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or national origin.