Business Analyst Intern (PeopleSoft ERP Support) - Part-Time Fall Intern
This internship will support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Accounting Systems (AS) Department. The AS Department is responsible for implementation, maintenance and development of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, supporting supply chain and financial departments. The assigned projects will be consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment. This position will be approximately 15 to 20 hours per week.
PAY: $17.00 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Accounting Systems Analyst
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
- Intern Relocation Adjustment Allowance of $1,000.00 is offered for the purpose of assisting with various expenses associated with your relocation for the internship (less applicable taxes and based on eligibility). Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with and perform duties within Company policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and to enhance the image of the Accounting Systems Department.
- Provide production support for financial system applications as directed.
- Document and standardize configuration specifications, job aides, and training guides.
- Translate business/functional requirements into technical specifications for the IT organization.
- Prepare reports for areas of the Finance and Accounting Department or other departments. Ensure information is accurate and presented in a useful and understandable manner.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Accurately and timely respond to inquiries.
- Keep project lead informed on the status of work.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- In the process of completing an Associates or Bachelor degree program preferably with classes relating to Accounting or Computer programming.
- Technical writing coursework strongly preferred.
- No experience required.
- Working knowledge of accounting terms.
- Knowledge of SQL / Query skills preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.