Job Title: Soil Scientist
Reports to: Director of Research & Analytics
Job Location: Isabelle Farm Research Campus – Lafayette, CO
Travel: Very light
About Us …
A leader in the Bio-Stimulant industry, Horizon Ag Products is based in Louisville, CO and began manufacturing soluble humus products for Agriculture in 1983. We are a recognized leader in our industry and probably produce more soluble humus products than all of our competitors combined. With approximately 75 employees, we operate six manufacturing plants and several surface mines. We strongly believe our products are of significant benefit to mankind and we make them better than anyone else in the world. We support a lifestyle of balanced priorities. Everyone works hard and enjoys themselves and each other. We look out for one another and cherish the caring attitude and respect we have for one another in the workplace and beyond. Above all else, we conduct ourselves with integrity and follow the guiding principles outlined on our website, www.horizonag.com.
The Soil Scientist position is part of the company’s Research and Analytics group (“R&A”). This position’s primary responsibilities are to design, organize and manage the soil science research projects for our R&A department. This team member will process and analyze the data collected and be able to effectively communicate the results internally and to customers. Our environment is highly collaborative, and we strive to continually innovate. Thriving in both a team and individual working environments is required. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a high energy level, a strong work ethic and dedication to company goals, as well as a commitment to learning, strong problem-solving skills, effective and clear communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a commitment to maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage and conduct soil research activities in laboratories, greenhouses, growth chambers, and in the field.
· Participate in research projects with company partners worldwide.
· Design, test and implement ideas and concepts with soil testing protocols.
· Provide technical support on soil health and fertility topics internally and to customers.
· Testing of new product formulations.
· Statistical analysis oversight of all data.
· Stay current on developments in soil research and testing through literature, seminars, and workshops.
· Present research data internally and to customers.
Required Education and Experience:
In addition to the qualities and skills described above, candidates should possess as many of the following qualifications as possible:
· MS degree or PhD in Soil Science or a closely related field.
· Excellent knowledge of soil chemistry, soil fertility and soil organic matter.
· Experience with humic substances preferred.
· Experience with soil analysis, soil biology and plant nutrition.
· Minimum of 7 years of soil research experience.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
· Experience working with major field crops such as corn and soybeans.
· A proven record of successful research projects.
Position open: Immediately
Horizon Ag-Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.