This is a non-permanent, temporary position, estimated to last 4-6 months. Please note the listed salary range includes the Legislative approved 5% King County premium pay.
Are you a self-starter with a keen eye for detail? Have you been searching for an opportunity to let your customer service skills shine? If so, search no further, as Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has just the opportunity you have been looking for.
WSDOT is currently seeking experienced and polished customer service professionals with outstanding communication skills and keen attention to detail. As a Customer Service Specialist 2, you will be responsible for accurately reading and logging license plate images for toll violations, as well as providing back up for the Customer Service Center. You will work a day shift, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. or optional shifts may be available based on business needs. Apply for this career to become part of a fun team that provides customer advocacy to the consumers of the greater Puget Sound region.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
· Responsible for accurately reading and logging license plate images on the computer for toll violations.
· Independently resolve customer inquiries or complaints.
· Utilize WSDOT guidelines for resolution.
· Collaborate in inter-departmental/ inter-agency communication.
· Collaborate in projects involving customer service center including advising in process improvements and implementing improvements.
· Other duties as assigned.
The requirements for this position are:
· An Associate's degree AND/OR two years of customer service regarding inquiries, complaints, or problems, OR a Bachelor's Degree, OR Equivalent experience.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Experience in adjudication and/or collections.
· Experience with Microsoft Office and quick to adapt to new computer applications.
· Experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
· Exceptional problem solving skills.
· Valid WA State Driver's License.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Five (5) years of customer service experience regarding inquiries, complaints, or problems.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please attach the following to your online application:
• A chronological Resume outlining your experience to date;
• A Cover Letter detailing your qualifications, and why you believe you are the best person for this role, and
• A minimum of three (3) professional references who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, knowledge base, and job-related competencies.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Eric Saniatan at SaniatE@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 19DOT-NWR-03733m
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/.