Do you see yourself as a Sales Coordinator? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
An icon of refined Manhattan elegance since 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay re-opened in spring 2016, following an extensive renovation as the city’s luxury hotel of choice. Located off Park Avenue in midtown east, The Barclay features 702 beautifully-designed guestrooms with 30 suites, an opulent Presidential Suite and Penthouse Sky Suite with 1,500 feet of outdoor space and Chrysler Building views. The hotel boasts 15,000 square feet of meeting space and two large ballrooms for New York’s most memorable weddings, benefits, and galas. The Barclay offers a Club InterContinental®. It's Gin bar and lounge with light dining, is a dynamic social hub in the hotel’s expansive lobby. The “new” Barclay' embraces the hotel's distinctive legacy, while modernizing every detail.
Your day to day
The coordinator will be part of the Events Department and will report directly to the Director of Events and will also support the Sr. Event Manager and two Event Managers.
The job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to the department
- Complete tasks related to groups:
- Manage process of handing over a group contract from the sales team to the event service team
- Create BEOs for Catering
- Process commission requests
- Update report and distribute Meeting Scope Surveys scores and results
- Distribute Catering and Events Status Report daily
- Reconcile actualized revenue in Delphi at the end of each event
- Prepare department reports
- Order Kosher Meals, Coat check, Furniture, Flowers, etc
- Create Menu cards
- Prepare for pre-cons (binders, tent cards and BEOs)
- Process expense reports
- Assign leads to proper sales manager based on market segment
- Merge and create group sales contracts
- Block and ensure daily showrooms are ready based on daily site log
- Process monthly sales invoices
- Manage weekly payroll for the sales and events department
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1-year experience in a sales or related field. Some College preferred. Must speak fluent English. This job requires ability to perform the following: Frequently standing up and moving about the facility, type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds, communicating with customers, employees, and third parties, use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc., Handling objects, products and computer equipment, Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests, Reading and writing abilities are utilized often, Basic math skills are used frequently, May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Need to have strong customer service and communication skills and can anticipate and meet the needs of clients
- Handles/ responds to inquiries or questions when manager is not available
- Assist catering coordinator with batch printing BEOs and maintaining the master BEO book
- Handle and service rooms only groups of 15 rooms on peak or less. This includes wedding and other social blocks and any pop-up short term bookings that are turned over by Sales
- Communicate with client and plan any necessary details with regards to their room block and work as a liaison between client and hotel operating departments
- Create group resumes as needed
- Assist with special projects
- Other duties as assigned by management
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.