Human Resources Payroll Analyst
- Using independent judgment analyzes and processes biweekly and special payrolls including supplemental and year-end adjustments.
- Serves as subject matter expert between payroll and Information Systems.
- Investigates and calculate retroactive pay increases for employees.
- Verify and update employee changes to taxes (federal. state, or local), direct deposit. or employee check address.
- Compute, prepare and enter off-cycle check information.
- Calculate Paid Time Off and other payouts.
- Monitor, update and process other payroll deductions.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly internal reporting.
- Ensure compliance and accuracy of quarterly tax filings and regulations.
- Processes test payrolls to verify and approve implementation of system enhancement and patches to production system.
- Contact for internal inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
- One year or more of experience with payroll administration and processing time and attendance, payroll and HRMS systems including:
- Knowledge of wage garnishments and tax reporting.
- General knowledge of accounting principles including taxes and accruals.
- Understanding of general ledger accounts and how they relate to payroll.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Oracle or other enterprise HRMS experience preferred.
- Understanding of ALLETE’s businesses
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong writing skills
- Broad HR knowledge
- Analytical, investigation, and problem solving skills
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.