Conveyance Process Engineer
Position Description and Required Skills:
The purpose of the position is to support MFAPS CHC organization. The Conveyance Process Engineer optimizes and manages process control hardware and software throughout the conveyance machine. Utilizing process verification software the engineer monitors machine performance and acts upon abnormal conditions. The engineer works with cross functional teams and individuals to assure process reliability and quality standards for process and product are met.
Implement strategies to assure the high availability of the department’s process control and data historian systems.
- Optimize tuning and control strategy with the objective to minimize process variability and consequently maximize machine availability and quality performance while minimizing waste.
- Continually improve the machine alarm strategy to minimize reaction time in case of process abnormalities.
- Develop and implement control strategy for new installations.
- Design and implement industrial automation including PLC (programmable logic controller) programming, implementation of industrial networks and selection of field devices.
- Troubleshoot production problems affecting quality, waste or machine availability and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide technical support off-hour on an as needed basis, to a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Minimum Required Skills
Must be eligible to work immediately and continuously without needing any kind of visa sponsorship.
Must be current US Citizen or currently hold a Green Card.
Must have a minimum education level: Bachelors Degree with process engineering experience of 5 years.
- Strong electrical industrial automation (PLC’s and field devices);
- Excellent understanding of control theory;
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.