Case Manager I - Colorado Youth Detention Continuum (CYDC)
This position is responsible for implementing the pre plea process for youth who are before the District Court with the goal of reducing the ADP for youth in detention, by providing aggressive case management for all juveniles screened, completing court reports, assessments, screening and bed management.
Hilltop offers GREAT Benefits! Here are a few... Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Vision, 401K, Free and Supplemental AD&D and Life Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
Starting wage is $16/hour.
Employee must have regular attendance/punctuality, be able to cooperate with others, and be completely honest. Other assigned duties include:
- Manage detention beds at the Division of Youth Corrections facility to include; coordinating the detention sentence waiting list and communicating court ordered conditions on youth able to be released on bond.
- Daily communication with Grand Mesa Youth Service Center (GMYSC) regarding bed space in the 21st J.D. (judicial district) and availability of bed space in the 7th, 9th and 14th J.D.’s when carrying the pager.
- Complete required assessments to include; Statewide juvenile detention screening and assessment guide (JDSAG), pre-screen Colorado Juvenile Risk Assessment (CJRA) on all juveniles screened, face to face interviews for a full CJRA on all moderate / high risk juveniles (according to the pre-screen CJRA), and enter TRAILS data within one week of screen date for Statewide database.
- Prepare and submit required reports to include; detention hearing reports according to requirements of the Colorado Revised Statutes Children’s Code (19-1-107), pre-trial assessment forms as required by the courts, assessments to the courts at advisement of charges hearings, and required paperwork / assessments presentations to the Multi Agency Review Team (MART) for placement and services review.
- Arrange for services for youth able to be released on bond.
- Facilitate Emergency Release (ER) Meetings; prepare and submit ER plans to the courts.
- Prepare and distribute weekly updates on all youth in detention beds
- Consult and inform parents of their child’s status in the judicial system and facilitate their involvement in the judicial process through intensive case management.
- Provides intensive case management and tracking services: attend court hearings, linking families with community services, document all client contacts, facilitates or attends meetings related to court, school, employment, Community Assessment Team (CAT), or other appointments, administer drug screenings, monitor electronic home monitoring devices as appropriate, ensuring youth are complying with established curfews, etc.
- Maintain professional working relationships with community agencies and demonstrate knowledge of said agencies expectations, mandates and procedures.
- Communication with law enforcement or other agencies having custody of juveniles prior to detention to arrange appropriate pre-admission medical or psychological screening.
- Professional conduct, dress and language during all interaction(s) with any agency or persons involved with the juvenile.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Provide on-call services.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is required to drive in support of essential job functions.
The following background checks are conducted by Hilltop Community Resources:
- Criminal background
- Fingerprint Card
- Driving Record
- Child Abuse Registry
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Sex Offender Registry
- Workers Compensation Background Check
- Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) Exclusion List