At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Systems Technician who is excited to enhance data collection processes and analysis of experiments with crops in a variety of hydroponic growing environments. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced energetic environment, you've found the right place!
Plenty is seeking a Systems Technician who will participate in systems maintenance and data collection activities in a modern, advanced-technology hydroponic farm. The individual will be involved in configuring and maintaining instrumentation within state-of-the-art agricultural research environments and ensuring accuracy within the collected data.
What You'll Do
- This is a technical hands-on role where you will routinely apply troubleshooting skills to install, calibrate, and maintain automated instrumentation (e.g., environmental controller/sensor units, temperature probes, pH probes, Raspberry Pi SBCs, etc.).
- This position is responsible for performing daily, routine quality assurance checks (i.e., confirm daily that sensors are calibrated and accurately recording data).
- This position will also collect some manual response data (e.g., plant growth parameters, labelled images, photosynthetic fluxes, etc.) metrics from biological specimens/systems.
- With the strict guidance of a Data Scientist and a Systems Associate, the Technician will work closely with the Plant Science team to fulfill established research goals on time and to specification.
- The Systems Technician will play an integral role in maintaining our high standards of quality research. As a front-line member of our growing team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the utmost adherence to Plenty’s established protocols throughout the entire production and research stream.
What We're Looking For
- Motivated, tech-savvy individuals with analytical, problem solving, electrical, and/or do-it-yourself skills to assist in installation and maintenance of instrumentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Suite required
- Experience in both manual and automated data collection preferred
- Ability to work outside normal business hours (i.e., outside Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm)
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing situations and effectively take direction
- Humble, teachable team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.