Summer Intern -Community Outreach
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
Throughout your 10 week internship, you will be an indispensable partner to the Community Outreach team, focusing on the corporate giving and employee volunteering program
What we will do:
We will give you the tools and training necessary for you to succeed in our internship program while teaching you valuable skills that will transfer to your life outside of Vizient. Some experiences will include:
- Exposure to senior leadership to discuss the project, strategy and milestones.
- Network opportunities with cross-functional teams to learn about various areas within the organization.
- Enhanced problem solving and communication skills.
- Value added project management skills.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with non-profit agencies to collect data and contact information.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Partner with corporate internal communications team to engage communication and story content.
- Analyze the impact of corporate giving and grant-making initiatives.
What you will need:
- Must be a current undergraduate student.
- Must have strong analytical, project management & presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Action-oriented with high initiative and ability to think independently.
- Flexible, adaptive, agile, resourceful, self-starter, team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting across the team and potentially with internal Vizient business partners, members, and suppliers.
Key Program Information:
The program requires a full 10 week commitment by the intern to participate in all developmental experiences including formal training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and opportunities to interact with senior leaders. The Intern group also organizes a summer community service project and has team building activities outside of work.
- Program starts June 1, 2020 and ends August 7, 2020.
- 40 hrs per week and pay is $24 per hour.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.