Junior Data Analyst
At Kalibri Labs, we have set out to change the hotel industry for the better! Our mission is bold, and we are looking for passionate, energetic and hardworking people with an entrepreneurial spirit, who dream big and challenge the status quo. Named a 2017 Rockville Key Company, and a Greater Washington Innovation Awards Finalist, Kalibri Labs is growing, so if you’re ready to make a difference and utilize your talents across a groundbreaking organization, please keep reading!
We are seeking a Junior Data Analyst to develop new reporting capabilities and fulfill requests for our diverse set of hospitality clients. This position performs complex research, data mining/analysis, reporting and interpretation of hotel performance results. This is a hands-on position which requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly analytical candidate who is eager to make an impact in this field. This person will be able to collaborate within a team structure, as well as work independently.
- Design template and offline reports: Take a business task, question or client request and create a scalable analytical product that is suitable to multiple clients.
- Create custom ad-hoc reporting and analysis for internal and external clients.
- Assist with administration of data sets to other business and analytical users through BI tool; understanding internal needs, tool capabilities, and optimal data set structure of dimensions and metrics.
- Interact with client and internal stakeholders to identify reporting requirements.
- Audit large data sets and validate processed data for client reporting and consumption
- Partner with the Data Strategy group to proactively identify data enhancements to fulfill reporting needs.
- Maintain and fulfill existing client analytical deliverables as needed.
Desired experience and skills:
- Exceptional MS Excel skills are required –the ability to produce client-ready outputs, attention to detail, and the back-end knowledge of advanced functions to build scalable, dynamic models.
- Tenacious problem-solving skills, creative initiative, and self-motivating ability to tackle non-obvious solution crafting approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally with a hotel administration or business focus.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, start-up environment.
- Knowledge of SQL is highly preferred, and ability to understand a data set structure to extract necessary data for any given analytical exercise.
- Knowledge of the hotel industry is preferred.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives, exercising mature judgment.
- A clear and client-focused communication style capable of articulating complex ideas succinctly, to all levels of understanding
- Familiarity with BI tools is preferred: Tableau, MicroStrategy, Looker, Periscope, etc.