Open: October 8, 2019
Close: November 8, 2019
Fermilab is America’s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
We are strategic risk takers, innovators, and collaborators. We are engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative professionals. We are 1,800 employees advancing knowledge for the benefit of humankind. Fermilab has been at the forefront of particle physics for more than 40 years. We build world-leading accelerators and detectors to conduct some of the most advanced particle physics experiments possible. We collect and analyze the data from those experiments with some of the most powerful computers in the world. We conduct this research on a 6,800-acre prairie, 35 miles outside Chicago, a treasure that has been designated a National Environmental Research Park.
Fermilab’s Facilities Engineering Services Sections seeks a Program Administrator. Under general direction, responsible for administering a major program of the Lab by coordinating, organizing and providing support for the program. Prepares and distributes materials for meetings, conferences, reviews, special reports, program documentation, and studies. May provide day-to-day support to high-level management and/or direct the activities of a support group. Respect understand and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Abide by all environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Provide support to department management in summarizing financial data, creating financial reports, plans, forecasts, and ensuring the accuracy of the content.
- Maintain records and business sensitive information for the assigned area.
- Participate in and serve on office and/or program committees as needed.
- Monitor Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) by tracking and evaluating information and/or data.
- Review practices and recommend procedural changes; act as a resource for the assigned area on procedures, practices, programs, and policies.
- Create solicitation/procurement documents for single entity construction and service procurements.
- Enter purchase requisitions in Oracle’s eBusiness Suite, the Laboratory’s purchase requisition system, and act as a back-up gatekeeper for the Section.
- Provide administrative support as needed in the assigned area.
- Work on special projects, which may involve organizing meetings or committees as assigned.
- Maintain the department’s web site by reviewing, editing, and replacing content.
- Manage the Facility Management Risk Register.
- Adhere to lab-wide records management practices as well as DOE Records Retention Rules.
- Coordinate travel, accommodations, and other needed arrangements for meetings, conferences, reviews, and workshops.
- Track “time away” for the group(s)/Department.
We Are Looking For:
- Associate degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of administrative support experience with administrative skills suitable to perform in a fast-paced office. Experience in working in a facilities-oriented department or organization is a plus.
- Highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the appropriate discretion.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently in a proactive manner while adapting to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when evaluating situations and weighing options to solve problems.
- Ability to create procurement packages for facility maintenance services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Ability to perform varied database maintenance activities. Generate reports, charts, and graphs. Ensure accuracy of data provided, identify and correct discrepancies, and provide observations and recommendations on results.
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of software applications for conference planning, video meetings, and Web maintenance. Knowledge of Facility Maintenance and equipment
- Familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ability to create reports utilizing data from CMMS and financial databases.
- Demonstrated experience preparing domestic travel itineraries and reconciling expenses.
- Knowledge using SharePoint.
- CAP certification, desirable; specialty certificate(s) a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity and organizational skill for leading and planning events/meetings.
Relocation is not available for this position.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Visually Demanding.
Ability and willingness to work additional hours beyond the normal workday when required to meet deadlines.
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is America’s particle physics and accelerator laboratory.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.