Dixie National Forest - 2020 Summer Seasonal Jobs!!! ROUND #2
The Dixie National Forest is excited to announce its Summer Seasonal Jobs for 2020!!!
NOTE - THIS IS A SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT OF SUMMER SEASONAL JOBS FOR 2020
If you are interested in the outdoors and making money while working in the mountains - what could be better right?!!
Positions were posted on September 30th. The plan as of now is to stop taking applications on October 15th. Please get your application completed in USA Jobs on or before September 15th.
Take a look at the attached and below for more information on these Summer 2020 Seasonal Jobs!
There are 2 attachments:
· 1st Attachment - DixieNationalForest_2020USAJobs_AnnouncementNumbers_Round2.xlsx (spreadsheet)
· This is an Excel spreadsheet showing Each Posting we will have for the summer.
· Many of the postings have multiple positions and/or locations that are being hired for.
· Open and Close Dates - These are the dates the positions will post in USA Jobs. Don't miss out on applying!
· Position Title - Shows the Title of the position
· Duty Location - Is where the position will work out of for the summer or what district you will be working on.
· Hiring Manager - Is who will be hiring for a particular position on the Dixie National Forest should you have questions about the position. If you have questions about the position, please call our front desk and ask to be transferred to the Hiring Manager listed according to what Office/Duty Location is listed. If they are not in, leave a voicemail and/or call back.
· 2nd Attachment - DixieNationalForest_2020SummerSeasonal_JobDescriptions_Round2.docx
· This is a Word document that list most if not all of the descriptions of our seasonal jobs. It gives you an idea of the work that you would be doing.
· The 1st page shows the hourly pay table and how much is paid at a certain "GS" (General Schedule) level. For example: the first job description on page 2 is - Biological Science Aid (General Assistant) GS-0404-03. The "03" on the end is the GS level. These correlate back to the Temporary Position field on the spreadsheet. The number highlighted in blue or yellow (for fire) to the right of the job description is announcement number mentioned above.
Pay is GS-03 through GS-05 rates. For 2019 those ranged from $12.95 to as high as $21.15
Our seasonal jobs will start around the time college gets out next May, and will end about the time college starts back up. Our supervisors are flexible with start and end dates if you are going to college. The Dixie National Forest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and looks for a hard-working, smart candidate that is looking to have fun, while earning money and experience!
To learn more about the Dixie National Forest, please visit - https://www.fs.usda.gov/dixie/.
- don't miss out! Please check them out and mark your calendar to apply! ~Thank You for Your Interest!!~
About USDA Forest Service
Gifford Pinchot, first Chief of the Forest Service, summed up the mission of the Forest Service: "to provide the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people in the long run."
We are a multi-faceted agency that manages and protects 154 national forests and 20 grasslands in 43 states and Puerto Rico. The agency’s mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the nation’s forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations. We have an elite wildland firefighting team and the world’s largest forestry research organization. Our experts provide technical and financial help to state and local government agencies, businesses, private landowners and work government-to-government with tribes to help protect and manage non-federal forest and associated range and watershed lands. We augment our work through partnerships with public and private agencies that help us plant trees, improve trails, educate the public, and improve conditions in wildland/urban interfaces and rural areas, just to name a few. Our team also promotes sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation internationally.