Operations & Policy Analyst 4
***Current Internal State of Oregon Employees please use your Workday account – go to Career – Internal - Find jobs to apply! ***All others - To apply for this position, click on the "Apply" link above to fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing date and time.
Employees who are Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) participating members will have their base salary increased by 6.95% and pay a 6% employee contribution to PERS; the salary range noted above reflects base salary only.
At the Oregon Department of Education, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. If you have a passion for providing exceptional service and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you!
The Educator Advancement Council (EAC) is seeking an Operations & Policy Analyst 4. This is a permanent, full-time position in management service.
The Educator Advancement Council (EAC) is an innovative partnership aimed at helping Oregon achieve high-quality, well-supported and culturally-responsive public educators in every classroom. As the Grants Coordinator you provide the development, implementation, and coordination of all program funding delivery for Network Formula Grants, REN Capacity Grants, Oregon Teacher Scholars IAA, Technical Assistance Contracts, and a biennial teaching and learning survey.
What you will do!
As the Operations & Policy Analyst 4, you support the EAC Executive Director (serving as proxy when needed) and coordinate necessary functions related to the EAC and Regional Educator Networks (REN) formation, support, and communication as outlined in SB182. You perform policy analysis regarding legislative issues, policy research relating to SB182 identifying recommended statutory and agency rule changes needed to support and advise the Council.
What are we looking for?
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work; OR any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
Candidates who are the most competitive will possess the following background, skills and experience:
- Preference may be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree or higher in education, administration, leadership or closely related field or relevant experience.
- Experience developing consulting or support teams to effectively work with stakeholder and partner groups to advance family and community engagement, equity and culturally sustaining education, and/or continuous improvement efforts.
- Experience with policy development, implementation, and legislative protocols and processes.
- Experience in both conducting quantitative, qualitative research and experience analyzing national and statewide research.
- Familiar with educator pathways (educator preparation programs, licensure processes, etc)
- Experience with community engagement across cross sector and multiple stake holder constituencies.
- Experience working with other governmental agencies such as the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, the Higher Education Coordinating Commission and stakeholders such as the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators, Oregon School Board Association, Oregon Education Association, Oregon Education Service Districts, Stand for Children, Chalkboard project and business and industry to build capacity for school improvement.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills including public speaking on an impromptu and scheduled basis.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks.
- Experience working with culturally and individually diverse groups, including sovereign nations.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and relationship coordination.
- Preference may be given to bilingual/bicultural candidates.
Our Amazing Benefits!
Did you know that the State of Oregon is on the Forbes Top 500 list of America’s Best Large Employer’s? When you join us, you are joining a fast-paced, creative environment with colleagues who are passionate about public service and impact the lives of children and families statewide.
- Excellent medical, vision and dental benefit package for the employee and qualified family members with very low monthly out-of-pocket cost
- Paid days off –
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 additional paid "Personal Business Days" per year
- 8 hours of sick leave accumulated every month
- Progressive vacation leave accrual, starting at 10 hours per month, with increases every 5 years
- In addition to standard medical benefits and employee leave, the state also provides additional optional benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and child care expenses.
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of Oregonians, apply today!
How to apply:
To apply for this position, follow the “Apply” link above and attach a resume and cover letter, and answer the additional supplemental questions. For external candidates, please make sure to attach all required documents in the section titled Resume/CV. Internal candidates attach your documents in the section titled Resume/Cover Letter. Failure to attach a cover letter and resume may result in disqualification of your application. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions on the application process.
Help Your Application Rise to the Top!
Your candidate profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect opportunity to highlight your interest in the position and showcase the amazing skills and experience, making you the best candidate for the position. Candidates whose training and/or experience most closely match the requirements and needs of the position and who attach all necessary documents will be eligible for an interview. Submissions will be screened for consistency of information and communication skills at the professional level (attention to detail, spelling, grammar, etc.).
- Please monitor your Workday account, as communication will be sent to your Workday account. You must have a valid e-mail address to apply.
- Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process. You cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- This recruitment announcement will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
- This position is subject to a criminal history check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. For further information, please see the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
- We do not offer VISA sponsorships or transfers at this time. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States.
Helpful links and contact information:
Learn more about ODE
Help & Support webpage
Learn more about Oregon
For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-947-5635.
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.