Business Systems Analyst, Shipper Services
The Business System Analyst, Shipper Services (“BSA”) is responsible for supporting the Business Liason with ongoing business needs, and well as system upgrade(s) and integration projects primarily for Quorum applications (QPTM, ESUITE and QQM). The BSA will report directly to the Business Liason, and work with various functional internal business unit(s), IT, and external vendor consultants and will actively contribute to critical business and regulatory processes in a manner that is consistent with the supporting application. The BSA will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Gas Asset Optimization IT Project initiatives and Business Liaison with problem resolution, support enhancements and upgrade implementations for the applications and websites that are utilized by the Shipper Services team. The BSA will support multiple projects throughout the year. Task responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, assisting in the process of eliciting and documenting user functional requirements, developing test scripts. Additionally, the BSA will be responsible for working in tandem with the Gas Scheduling team.
SALARY RANGE: $52,000 - $67,660 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Business Liaison, Shipper Services
Denver, Colorado: You will love living in the Mile High City, where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods and natural beauty combine for the world's most spectacular playground.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position! Package is based on distance/complexity of the move, and individual circumstances. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with data requests from internal partners and as assigned.
- Able to turn raw data into relevant business summaries as needed.
- Develop ad-hoc reporting into regularly scheduled dashboards or functional reports.
- Front line support of Gas Transportation Management and Billing across systems and processes.
- Ability to summarize issues if unable to resolve. The BSA will document steps to replicate, and provide relevant documentation of system errors.
- Willingness to quickly escalate critical issues when needed. Including following required documentation, ticketing or change management processes.
- Proactively assist internal and external customers by daily monitoring of system error reporting
- Assist with regular support questions. Focus on customer service by understanding the end goal by the user.
- Proactively and patiently assist internal and external customers. Issues will generally be evaluated initially by Gas Scheduling or Billing teams. Unresolved items will be escalated and may need immediate action by BSA, to include:
- Customer access issues
- Customer service for new users and complex situations
- Identification and resolution of reporting or data issues
- Nomination submissions issues
- System processing issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Technology preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience as a, Business Analyst, or similar role preferred.
- Experienced with technologies used by Quorum applications including Crystal Reports and Business Objects preferred.
- Basic IT Infrastructure knowledge required for troubleshooting of Quorum applications (e.g. virtual machines, Citrix, active directory, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to accept business requirements and translate to best practices. Additionally, critically offer solutions that meet best practice.
- Evidence based approach to problem solving. Resolving the problem in a way that shows what the problem was and how it was solved. Issue resolution should lead to consumable plans for execution and implementation of new processes along with associated walkthroughs.
- Project- and initiative-based work that builds cross-cultural knowledge and strength across the shipper services team and organization.
- Assist with SOX, compliance, and risk activities. Develop methodology documents based on self-initiated interviews, diagrams, surveys, and workflow analysis. Coordinates with Shipper Services team, internal and external parties to prioritize initiatives to meet Business requirements, identify hindrances and other issues that interrupt workflow.
- Advanced problem-solving skills when working in a high pace environment where priorities change quickly.
- Ability to think creatively and drive resolution of issues utilizing innovative methods.
- Ability to manage long-term goals and initiatives.
- Ability to manage a day-to-day schedule that may change rapidly, often with minimal notice.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times when dealing with co-workers as well as outside vendors and customers.
- Completes highly detailed tasks (repetitive at times) with a high level of efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and organization.
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels within an organization and facilitate understanding of processes and issues from a business perspective.
- Acts with integrity, promotes trust and respect within the project teams and continually manages change across the affected business unit(s).
- Focus on quality over quantity throughout work.
- Ability to share information with others as well as receive information from others in a proactive manner.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), paid time off, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, tuition reimbursement and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
EOE, including disability/vets.