Health Center - Area Director
Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help us change lives and empower communities through reproductive freedom, gender equality, and health care access.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a full-time opportunity for an Area Director to oversee our Mission Viejo and Costa Mesa Health Centers.
At PPOSBC, we understand the importance of a well-rounded benefits program and are dedicated to providing you with unique benefits that meet the needs of you and your family. We are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you in the case of illness or injury including:
* A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, and long term disability
* Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
* Generous 401(k) matching contributions and more!
* To view our detailed benefits guide, please visit our career site at www.pposbccareers.org
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PPOSBC is looking for a full-time Area Director Responsible for managing a multi service program health center providing the full range of primary care and reproductive health care services and the planning, development, implementation and evaluation/improvement of services/programs. Ensures patient care staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care in a time efficient manner. In conjunction with the Co-Manager’s, will oversee the patient experience including but not limited to customer service, patient wait times, evaluation and managing of service recovery for patient grievances.
Ensure health center fully complies with local, state and federal requirements. Implements and maintains clinical and patient care practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Directly manage and oversees the activities of Clinical licensed staff, Senior Co-Manager and Co-Manager for the health centers assigned.
Additional position responsibilities:
* Manages primary care and reproductive health care programs, services, and operations. Responsible for the delivery of clinical services integrated with business plans while meeting or exceeding quality, clinical and utilization standards, performance measures, and financial/productivity objectives.
* Will work with the Health Center Co-Manager and Health Center Senior Co-Manager to ensure appropriate management coverage for all sites managed.
* Manages the continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations. Develops recommends and implements systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care. Will provide timely and continuous feedback from customer service observations with all Licensed staff during one-on-one meetings. Implements improvements in flow facilitation process in conjunction with the Senior Co-Manager and Co-Manager for each site.
* Ensures the delivery of premier customer service while facilitates resolutions of patient care issues. Implement customer service standards and provide immediate and actionable feedback to the staff when patient’s needs are not met. Will address patient grievances and provide a root cause analysis as appropriate.
* Reviews annual financial plans, resources, and budgets while accountable for the financial aspect of the center’s daily operations. Reviews and monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service. Continually works to reduce operating costs while maintaining quality of care and productivity standards.
* Assists in determining appropriate staffing ratios and staffing related functions and issues in a timely manner; facilitate interviews, hires, training, and maintaining the competency of the clinical licensed staff, Senior Co-Manager and Co- Manager. Responsible for directing work, conducting performance reviews, recognition and performance management of Licensed staff and Co-Managers.
* Monitors, develops, and implements Health Centers’ policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives.
* Be an active member of the clinical/patient services management team and bring both important issues to the group that need attention and share successful strategies, processes and ideas.
* Responsible for communicating health center needs to maintain quality standards for the appearance and functionality of the centers.
* Schedules, orients, and supervises personnel in the areas of personnel policies and procedures, medical procedures, statistical and record keeping requirements, inventory procedures, office and equipment maintenance, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Illness & Injury Policies & Procedures, CLIA Guidelines, emergency procedures, and on-going training/updates as required.
This position will involve travel in the Orange County area.
* BS degree in healthcare related field or equivalent related experience
* 4-7 years’ experience in healthcare environment; patient care/clinical service environment,
* A minimum of 4 years’ management experience overseeing multiple levels of employees (experience managing 15+ employees preferred)
* Reproductive health, managed/primary care, and/or abortion services experience a plus.
* Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
* Ability to delegate to and empower staff effectively.
* Effective multi-disciplinary team builder with the ability to effectively coach and mentor staff.
* Ability to listen effectively to issues and problem solve solutions for patients and staff.
* Team builder and ability to utilize team skills effectively.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
* Ability to relate to diverse communities.
* Maintain professional demeanor at all times.
* Ability and willingness to travel to and visit centers, agency and community meetings.
* Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends, as required.
* This position requires an employee to have a valid CA driver’s license, a reliable means of transportation and carry current auto insurance in compliance with the minimum requirements of the California Vehicle Code.