Hotel Rooms Division Manager in Training - Grand Lake Lodge
Rooms Management In Training – Grand Lake Lodge
The Rooms Manager in Training is responsible for overseeing the front office and housekeeping staff at the Grand Lake Lodge and ensuring that each guest is treated with the highest standard of service. Their duties include but are not limited to scheduling the front office & housekeeping staff, supervising daily shifts, leading daily shift briefings, responding to guest complaints or requests, inspecting rooms, communicating between departments, and leading continuing training. The Rooms MIT will begin working in either Housekeeping or Front Office and will rotate throughout the season. Employees who perform at a high level will have the option to relocate to a different Highway West Vacations property at the end of the season, and continue on in their career path with the company.
The core responsibility of the Rooms Manager in Training is ensuring that the rooms staff exceeds the expectations of the guest and goes above and beyond to create a personalized, polished experience. A list of specific duties is as follows:
• Manages and motivates the Rooms Division in order to provide a high standard of service
• Develops high quality relationships with guests throughout their stay
• Handles any guest complaints or contentious issues that cannot be settled directly by team members and provides a fast solution.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
• Oversee and supervises guest arrivals and departures
• Ensures that the pricing policy and internal audit procedures are duly applied.
• Oversees cash handling and ensures that the cash policy is observed
• Review arrival list for all arrivals to check room allocations, amenities and special requests.
• Works with the Director of Revenue Management to implement appropriate selling strategies
• Integrates and trains employees, providing support for skills development.
• Ensures that all front desk employees are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene etc)
• Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Inspects guestrooms and public areas on a daily basis.
• Obtains list of rooms list of check-outs to prepare work assignments.
• Assigns rooms in an equitable manner between housekeepers.
• Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Assigns daily training focus and inspects rooms to confirm completion.
• Assigns daily deep cleaning focus and inspects rooms to confirm completion.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• One (1) year of hospitality experience
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Possess leadership qualities to oversee employee performance and motivation. Must be adept in conflict resolution as it relates to personnel and guest satisfaction
• Conducting meetings and training sessions to ensure effective workforce management
• Possesses strong business acumen, capable of looking at each decision through the lens of a business owner and operator
• Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
• Should be able to communicate effectively
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Ability to speak a second language preferred