BWPO Project Assistant/40/Day/Brigham Care Strategies and Innovation
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Reporting to the Brigham Care Strategies and Innovation (BCSI) Program Manager for Care Innovation, the Project Assistant will provide administrative and project support to the BCSI team. The Project Assistant will be expected to support multiple projects aimed at redesigning patient care to reduce cost and improve outcomes. Team projects include but are not limited to eCare, Faculty Wellbeing, Care Management and BCRISP. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, scheduling and coordination of meetings, processing invoices, drafting project plans, tracking meeting minutes and action items, creating and distributing presentation and meeting materials, reporting, and developing expertise in your given project space. In addition, the Project Assistant may administratively support the calendars of the one or more of the Medical Directors and potentially other team members.
The Project Assistant needs to have strong customer service skills and familiarity with computer programs, such as Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office software. A willingness to learn new systems is a plus. S/He is expected to demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas: teamwork, adaptability/flexibility, effective communication, and execution to drive results. In addition, the Project Assistant should be able to perform duties under moderate supervision and understand when and how to ask questions or escalate concerns. Lastly, the Project Assistant is expected to network with other administrative and clinical staff to schedule meetings and events, collaborate on project resourcing needs, and move projects from “in progress” status to completion.
This individual will work with other members of the BWPO BCSI team, physicians, practice managers, practice staff (including, but not limited to secretaries, MAs, LPNs, etc.), and Brigham Health leadership.
The Project Assistant will also support other tasks related to population health programs, as requested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- General project support, including but not limited to updating project plans, tracking progress, reporting and data management, taking meeting minutes, and creating meeting and presentation materials
- Develop and maintain all program documentation, including presentations and training materials, in collaboration with BWPO BCSI project management team and Medical Directors.
- Build or maintain project reports and conduct data analysis
- Track and communicate regular updates to BWPO BCSI and departmental leadership.
- Manage Microsoft Outlook calendars for the BCSI leadership, as needed.
- Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters and answering and triaging messages to program inboxes
- Assist in training and orienting staff as needed
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for management of patient privacy and confidentiality
- Other duties, as assigned by the Care Innovation Program Manager and/or BCSI leadership
- Proven track record in delivering outstanding customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with working with people at different levels of an organization, preferred
- At least one-year related experience, preferred
- Bachelor's degree, required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Motivated and independent individual to work directly with physicians, practice staff, and senior administrative staff
- Advanced organizational, writing, and verbal skills
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and to appropriately prioritize work
Travel to off-site practices will be required.