Technical & Sales Manager
This position is responsible for achieving sales targets, managing customer accounts, generating product demand, and providing technical sales support and product training for our distributors and end users daily. Valagro is growing exponentially, if you are a leader who is constantly learning, passionate about the agricultural and specialty industry and enjoy working with and supporting your customers, join our team of dedicated trusted experts.
***Candidates MUST have an agronomy background and the ability to develop a territory from scratch.
- Establishes working relationships with distributors and dealer network in North California territory, Modesto North including Napa and Sonoma Valleys.
- Able to establish excellent professional relationships with customers, stakeholders, and leaders including PCAs throughout the agricultural industry
- Organizes and executes field trial demos, field days, promotional activities, trade show, and other marketing activities
- Responsible for strategically achieving sales targets and objectives in the territory assigned
- Deliver specific support on integrated crop solutions to key farmers in the area directly and/or indirectly through partnerships with distributor and independent technicians
- Responsible for first-level distributor staff training on Valagro Technology and solutions
- Collects market information on dealers, retail locations, growers, prices, agronomical trends, etc. through Valagro internal KM and CRM systems
- Ensures customers respect the agreement on price positioning
- Responsible for managing key crops: Nut crops, Grapes, Fruit crops, Vegetable crops, and specialty crop
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required / Master s Degree preferred in Agriculture or ag related field
- 7 years of experience selling agricultural products preferably agricultural biotechnology
- 7-10 years of Account Management experience, must have an established network and customer base
- Possess detailed knowledge of common agronomic crops and production practices common to the region assigned.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply scientific concepts and become an expert on our portfolio of products
- Ability to plan & organize activities, multi-task, and follow-through to accomplish goals
- Exhibit a positive attitude and possess an outstanding work ethic
- Outstanding communication skills -effective verbal and written communicator of detailed product information and technical concepts to our customers, distributor/dealer accounts, agronomists, researchers, growers, etc. in a range of environments that include everything from large group presentations to one-on-one meetings
- Well-organized and a self-motivated individual that works well alone and with a team
- PCA License preferred
- Possess a positive attitude and outstanding work ethic
- Proficient with computers and basic programs - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned, flexibility & ability to handle change are imperative
- Willingness to travel overnight up to 50% of the time
- This is a remote position; ideal candidate will work from home.
- The company will provide a company vehicle, computer, and other office equipment as well as a work cell phone.
- Valagro offers a generous 401(k) matching plan and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and family.
Valagro will respond to all successful applications within 10 working days only if your profile is coherent with the vacancy. If you do not receive a reply for this particular role we’ve advertised, please do not let this deter you from applying to future roles.
All applications to Valagro are handled with the strictest of confidentiality, by applying for this vacancy you agree that Valagro has full authorization to handle your information internally.
Valagro is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.