Global Trade Compliance Intern
The intern’s activities will focus on supporting projects in the areas of global trade compliance. Being the emphasis in understanding the basic trade imports and exports regulations to help maintain the information in the system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Acquire a deep understanding and map the operations processes and procedures of the
Gowan Group businesses.
· Collaborate with different internal departments, Logistics, Exports, Imports, Legal and Supply
· Understand, develop and update processes on Imports and Exports.
· Learn about the different modules and scope of the ERP JDE E1 system related to
manufacturing and supply chain
· Review the quality of data and information in the Master items and Address book records in
the RPS- Restricted Party Screening system
· Check that the information recorded in the system by other departments is consistent and
according to the specifications and requirements previously established for the proper
functioning of the business model in question; If not, notify the findings
· Issue a progress report for the work performed in a Monthly basis
· Perform documentation of steps related to their activities and functions
· Documenting the parameterization of customized versions of the programs used (in case of
Minimum Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Trade Compliance, Supply Chain or Ag related field.
Basic knowledge on methodologies, tools and basic concepts in Import and Exports Regulations is desired but not required.
Good communications skills, interfaces with many internal departments.
Computer and Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint/SharePoint) proficiency
Organized, Proactive, Social