Feed Lot Consultant - PhD Required (R-9980)
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Responsible for leading the technical or nutritional support throughout an assigned area. Grow sales with specific end users and prospects through consultative approach and education. Assist sales with overall technical leadership to the producers, Sales Specialists and co-ops/dealers in designated areas.
- Work closely with Sales Professionals in providing education and solutions for producers.
- Work both individually and through Sales Professionals, helping dealers/ co-op customers and prospects to mutually benefit by providing the right recommendations for nutrition and species management practices.
- Be the lead in nutrition and specie education for the sales team and our dealer group.
- Partner in the Organization and conducting of producer events that promote best practice for nutrition and management; including proof field trials to demonstrate the profitability of the Purina product line.
- Serve as a key liaison with the industry as a whole.
- Communicate with the Purina technical team and research staff to lead innovative research and product development; both in the field and at the Purina Research Center in St. Louis, MO.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and competency in nutrition, production management, and selling skills through recommended training and verified by documented sales results.
- Performs other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned or requested.
- PHD/DVM degree in species specific nutrition.
- 3 – 5 years’ industry and/or university experience.
- Enjoys and prefers working in the field with producers, sales specialists, and feed dealers.
- Daily travel in an assigned geography.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pound bags of feed as needed.
- Enjoys working with people, competing as a team, and helping all win (Purina, producers, dealers).
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills who plans for growth and opportunity.
- Effective communication skills in various settings.
- Computer skills; including ration balancing and Office applications (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong Leadership Skills, Customer Focused, Action Oriented.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.