Lawn Care Specialist
Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive lawn and tree care, we work hard to make sure our customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
The Lawn Care Specialist team are the reason our customers brag about their thick, green, lush lawns. SavATree provides organic, hybrid, integrated, and all-nutrient lawn care services, as well as seeding and aeration services. As subject matter advisers in all things turf, they use their expertise to perform soil analysis, and control insects, diseases, and unsightly weeds.
As a Lawn Care Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work outside on beautiful properties in your community, spending extensive field time diagnosing problems and treating properties. You’ll learn from our team and use your increasing knowledge to ensure the health and well-being of each client.
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each employee the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for you to reach out and get the help you need, even when it’s from the other side of the country. This means actively fostering a collaborative culture where we come together to learn from each other and help each other succeed. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each employee has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
What a day is like:
In this position you will be using your specialized training in diagnosing and treating diseases and/or infestations that are occurring on a client’s lawn. You’ll be able to work independently, allowing you to choose the proper product or customized blend application to be utilized in treating various lawn problems. This role will also give you the opportunity to communicate with clients by providing them with comprehensive information about their lawns. You’ll “own” your territory and will be proud of the lawns and properties you care for.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- A desire to grow, craves opportunity, loves problem solving and process improvement
- The ability to run various types of equipment, who enjoys heavy lifting in various weather conditions
- A Degree in Turf, Entomology, Plant Sciences, Horticulture, or equivalent experience a plus
- The responsibility and independence to work independently
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to understand and meet client needs
- Valid driver's license
- The appropriate Pesticide/Herbicide Applicator's License(s), or the ability to obtain one
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and will support your continuing education in the industry
- You’ll work alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We’re collaborative, so you’ll have the ability to connect and collaborate with people in experts in the field
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, vehicle program, and a matched 401(K)
- The opportunity to advance your knowledge in the field as well as in the company
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace