General Supply Specialist
Selectees will serve as entry-level interns in the DLA Pathways to Career Excellence (PaCE) Program performing a series of progressively more responsible assignments along with formal on-the-job training (OJT).
As a General Supply Specialist (Resolution) GS-2001-07, under the guidance of a higher-grade specialist, your duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in performing supply planning, including evaluating source data generated by the deployment plan (e.g., planned orders and planned arrivals);
- Analyzing and adjusting historical demand data to develop statistical forecasts for customer/item/location combinations that have demonstrated a demand pattern, and support the application of statistical models of prediction;
- Participating in the resolution of product quality, transportation, and supply discrepancies;
- Ensuring shipment issues and confirmations from the distribution locations are posted in a timely manner, in order to maintain the integrity of the inventory record balances; and,
- Processing customer requirements, including, entering and reviewing orders, editing information for completeness and validity, determining availability of requested items and associated replacements/substitutions, and coordinating and validating shipment information.