Natural Resource Program Coordinator - Habitat Program Coordinator
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking to fill a current opening for Natural Resource Program Coordinator within the Wildlife Bureau habitat program at our headquarters in Boise.
Please Note: This announcement will be used to to fill the current opening for Natural Resource Program Coordinator - Habitat Program Coordinator in the Wildlife Bureau only. If you have previously applied for the position of Natural Resource Program Coordinator and you wish to be considered for the current opening, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Provide statewide project management oversight
- Coordinate implementation of the Department's Wildlife Management Area management plans
- Coordinate and implement the Department's habitat monitoring program
- Represent the Department on multi-agency committees and at various meetings with federal agencies, special interest groups, community and other state organizations, Native American tribes, and other governmental entities
- Coordinate the Department's noxious weed program
- Coordinate and implement the Wildlife Habitat training program for statewide staff
- Represent the Department at meetings that affect fish and wildlife resources
- Provide technical assistance to Department management and regional staff on resource management programs and policies
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff
- Manage multiple statewide budgets and grants
- Develop and recommend Department policy and rules
- Testifies at hearings and participates in media interviews
Minimum Qualification: (This qualification is required.)
- Experience demonstrating considerable knowledge of wildlife and/or fisheries management.
Minimum Qualification Specialty Areas: (These qualifications are required for the current openings.)
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating statewide management programs.
- Experience with collaborative working relationships involving diverse stakeholders.
- Education and experience supervising others.
- Experience preparing and monitoring a budget.
The ideal candidate will have project management training and/or experience. Additional consideration may be given at the time of interview to candidates who have this training or experience. Please be sure to include within your application any training and/or experience you may have.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at the URL listed below.
Enter your responses to the supplemental questions in the space provided. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described in the typical guides for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A higher rating may be obtained based on the extent of your education and experience, so take your time to provide a detailed and complete answer to each question. It is very important that the information you provide clearly supports your responses.
To learn more about the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, please see the following:
$28.49 - $37.98 per hour DOE, Plus Competitive Benefits!