IT System Administrator
Angel Fire Resort is seeking an IT System Administrator to ensure the stable operation of the company’s in-house computer software systems and network/telephone connections by performing the following essential duties (Other duties may be assigned):
- Troubleshoots IT systems throughout the resort.
- Installs and maintains security cameras.
- Processes work orders as assigned.
- Assists resort staff in getting the most out of the IT systems that exist in each department by training, educating, troubleshooting, and maximizing efficiency of products.
- Assists with managing and administrating all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software.
- Assist with managing communications and connection solutions, including local area networks, Internet, and telephone systems.
- Assists with managing and ensuring the integrity of host computers, multiple databases and data transfer.
- Assists with managing servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Assists with managing security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Assists with managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Installs and maintains necessary network and telephone cabling.
- Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user desktops, software, and peripheral devices.
- Installs and supports telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response.
- Distributes and supervises server storage space allotments.
- Receives, prioritizes, and responds to incoming calls, e-mails, support tickets, and walk-ups regarding equipment and/or connectivity problems.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Performs network and security audits.
- Performs network system backups.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs hardware and software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following:
- Server operating system and application environments
- Wireless Access Points, Routers/Switches
- Dell desktop and server platforms
- Windows Server Active Directory
- Email System design and administrative knowledge
- B2D, B2T, B2D2T technologies, Backup and DR software
- Desktop and laptop installation and problem
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license with driving record insurable under resort insurance
- On-call availability
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maneuver in tight, enclosed spaces (ceilings/floors) in order to pull cabling where required.
- Ability to climb ladders and/or radio tower scaffolding and work in roof-top locations.
Pay: wage depends on experience and certifications with great benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K, Life, earn up to 20 days PTO per year and more.
About Angel Fire:
Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, zip line, tennis, fishing, hiking and more.
Why work with us?
Our Information Technology team is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse and challenging work and be recognized for excellence.