Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Manager Summary:
Angel Fire Resort is seeking a talented, motivated, and highly experienced Group Sales Manager to join the Marketing team and drive group sales to the next level of excellence. Qualified applicants will have at least two years of highly successful sales experience in the hospitality industry. The ideal applicant will have solid experience in ski area sales, have a proven sales record, experience with wholesalers and a strong understanding of the surrounding market.
The Group Sales Manager will generate group sales for Angel Fire Resort which can include lodging, food & beverage, lift tickets (winter and summer), ski rentals, ski school, tubing, mountain biking, golf, zip line, and other uses of the facilities operated by the Resort by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Professionally handles inbound calls and emails.
- Manages a professional outbound sales program including email and phone sales calls.
- Generates sales and increases business exposure by attending shows, events, including Ski Tops, Texas Ski Council etc.
- Maximizes the total revenue generated by each group by focusing on “up selling” and inclusive packaging to meet customer needs.
- Cultivates new groups through referrals.
- Works with Weddings and Meetings Sales Manager, the Sales and Events Assistant, and department managers in proposal development and internal coordination of closed groups.
- Works closely with Sales and Events Assistant to ensure that the needs of groups are being met.
- Assists in achieving quarterly and yearly department sales goals as set by management.
- Works closely with F&B, Lodging, Property Management, the Country Club and the RV Resort on all agreements to ensure that all deliverables can be met at the proper profit margins including labor costs and facility fees.
- Represents Angel Fire Resort in conjunction with approved sales plan.
- Maintains a calling report for a minimum of 25 new calls per week to cultivate new business.
- Utilizes Salesforce.com for G&C development, fulfillment and reporting.
- Reports weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activities and results. This includes cold calls, presentations and closed booking Detail to include number of room / site nights, activities, and total dollar breakdowns.
- Assists with determining the necessary marketing/sales material needed for group business.
- Creates client proposals and executes agreements.
- Obtains payment according to terms in group contract.
- Develops, maintains, and grows relationships with customers.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Assists in the execution of special events by moving supplies, setting up furniture, taking out trash, cleaning, providing customer service, speaking through a PA system, etc.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Environment: This is a mostly indoor position. Must be able to sit and talk for long periods of time and occasionally lift/carry 30lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to variable weather conditions.
Qualifications: Must have at least two years of highly successful sales experience in the hospitality industry. Successful customer service experience and advanced PC software computing skills are required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current driver’s license with driving record insurable under resort insurance
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Schedule: This is a full-time time, year round position. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays.
Pay: 35k-45k plus commission
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; PTO; 401K; discounts on meals, retail, rentals; access to Golf Course, Bike Park, Ski Area, fitness areas, fishing, hiking and more.
About Angel Fire:
Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, zip line, tennis, fishing, hiking and more.
Why work with us?
Our Marketing and Sales teams are built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse and challenging work and be recognized for excellence.