Professional Health Program Manager
Put your expertise and passion to work developing, implementing, and managing the new Utah Professional Health Program! The Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL) would like you to apply.
Job Title: Professional Health Program Manager
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 06/30/20 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Salary: $34.00 - $43.00 Hourly
The Utah Recovery Assistance Program (URAP) is a confidential health program that was created in 1994. URAP was designed to assist professionals struggling with substance abuse issues while also allowing them to safely continue practicing their profession. URAP is being revamped into a new, more substantial program which will enhance both the healthcare system and the protection of the public to provide a more comprehensive approach to wellness. This new program is called the Utah Professional Health Program (UPHP).
As the Manager of the UPHP you will use your healthcare education and experience and substance use disorder expertise to develop, implement, and oversee the UPHP. You may supervise clinical and non-clinical staff in the administration of UPHP. You will be responsible for providing education and outreach to various stakeholders and act as the liaison to the licensing boards. You will also make recommendations to the Division, Executive Advisory Committee, and Clinical Advisory Committee. Your duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Monitoring and reviewing performance of UPHP.
- Developing UPHP wellness outreach programs and presentations.
- Evaluating potential UPHP participants determining eligibility.
- Responding to substance related relapses of UPHP participants (level 1, 2, or 3).
- Reviewing and evaluating UPHP participant progress using clinical expertise.
- Coordinating between UPHP and DOPL.
- Collaborating with division director, medical director, and UPHP committees and licensing boards.
- Establishing relationships with outside stakeholders.
- Supervising subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
- Developing or modifying rules, policies, or standards, etc.
- Documenting client/patient progress and recommending revisions to treatment plans as required; completing administrative paperwork.
- Consulting with others to discuss treatment plans, new or unusual situations, findings, options, and recommendations on client/patient cases.
- Providing consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice, and/or facilitates decisions.
- Acting as an expert witness. Gives testimony and /or recommendations in court cases and/or hearings.
- Discussing results, findings and/or recommendations with appropriate parties.
- Selecting, administering, and interpreting biofeedback, psychological tests and other psychological training and assessments, including urinalysis and other lab tests.
- Coordinating community outreach; providing the public with information regarding program and arranging for community presentations as part of community outreach efforts.
- Educating the general public and community groups through addressing key issues which affect the citizens of Utah, in regards to UPHP.
Our model candidate will:
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for saving the lives of those struggling with substance use disorder.
- Have experience with managing employees.
- Have experience providing education, outreach, or collaboration with key health stakeholders.
- Have the capability to work with current technology and proprietary software.
- Be an exceptional communicator, both verbal and written.
Preferences may be given for applicants with:
- A master's degree or doctorate degree in healthcare or mental health.
- Specialization in the treatment of substance use disorders.
- A license in good standing to practice as a healthcare or mental health professional in the State of Utah (can be licensed in another state, but will become licensed in Utah within a reasonable time frame after employment).
- Expertise in administration of government or treatment team program.