Local Agency Liaison
Construction Project Manager 2 – Local Agency Liaison
Oregon Department of Transportation
Highway Division – Region 1
Project Services Section/Local Agency Unit
Bring your project management experience to our team as a local agency liaison in beautiful Portland, Oregon! You will lead multiple project teams in ensuring their portfolio of capital improvement or infrastructure projects are moved through the project delivery process phases according to project requirements and are delivered within scope, schedule and budget.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Evaluate projects on a regular basis to ensure that project results meet relevant quality standards. Remove causes of unsatisfactory performance.
- Ensure timely project decisions in conformance with project scope, schedule and budget requirements
- Continuously monitor assigned projects for compliance.
- Develop and implement project strategies, work plans and risk management.
- Create preliminary and final schedules for all assigned projects.
- Make estimates for preliminary engineering, construction engineering, and right-of-way costs.
- Implement stakeholder engagement and communication plans for all assigned projects.
- Negotiate and draft details for complex and/or controversial intergovernmental agreements.
- Provide oversight to local government agencies and consultants in the development and delivery of projects funded by the state or federal government.
- Assemble core project teams to perform engineering design and development work.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead project team meetings. Evening meetings with local agencies, citizen groups, city council meetings and public hearings may be required.
- Administer contracts, approve invoices, and evaluate consultant performance.
- Work is performed in an office environment with periodic visits to local government offices and job sites required.
- Project site visits before and/or during construction may require being next to freeway traffic, heavy equipment in operation and may require crossing difficult and hazardous terrain.
- Occasional confrontations with hostile individuals may be encountered.
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules and competitive benefits packages.
- Multimodal ride sharing! Get There is Oregon’s easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner that will get you where you need to go.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click HERE to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
A bachelor's degree in construction management, business administration, public administration, architecture, planning or engineering AND three years of progressively responsible experience related to the class series concept.
An associate degree (or comparable course work) in architectural, construction or engineering technology AND four and one-half years of progressively responsible experience related to the class series concept.
Six years of progressively responsible experience related to the class series concept.
Please click here for the construction project manager 2 class series concept information.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license, an acceptable driving record and the ability to drive are required for this position.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call Wesley Dawn in recruitment at 503-378-6721 or email email@example.com.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.