Senior Credit Analyst
Farm Credit of New Mexico Credit Officer
Farm Credit of New Mexico is a highly reputable and stable company that values high standards and rewards loyalty and excellence. FCNM is looking for a conscientious, analytical person who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys work that requires specialized technical problem solving and the ability to exceed high standards of accuracy and quality. FCNM provides excellent benefits and an opportunity to grow with the best!
The Credit Officer and Senior Credit Officer analyze and underwrite loan requests, loan servicing requests, and other credit services for agricultural and residential loans comprising of operating, equipment, cattle and real estate loans. This incumbent will need to have an understanding of quantitative and qualitative information that's needed for loan processing, create innovative credit packages to meet customer needs and have the ability to balance what is best for the customer and the Association. This position will also assist in mentoring credit analysts and acting as a resource for other Association employees.
This position can be located in any of these NM location: Albuquerque, Las Cruces, or Roswell.
- Makes decisions on loan requests within delegated authority, according to the consensus decision-making process and makes recommendations to the servicing/approving loan officer or Approval Committee for loans exceeding delegated authority.
- Accurately monitors and tracks loan covenant compliance, servicing and reporting.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge on pertinent loan programs, loan analysis methods, underwriting guidelines and guarantee programs.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, business administration, economics, accounting, finance, Ag business or relevant field.
- 3 years of experience in banking, bookkeeping, finance, audit, farming experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles or financial analysis
- Advanced knowledge of credit administration
- Working knowledge of agricultural loan products and services
- Skill in gathering, compiling and organizing information
- Skill in interpreting and applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Skill in interacting and working effectively with others
At the discretion of FCNM, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
About the Company
Farm Credit of New Mexico has been specializing in real estate financing for over 100 years. We are a borrower-owned cooperative that provides a variety of financing services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses and rural clients. We serve agriculture, but our work reaches far beyond tractors and row crops. Financial services today is highly complex and technology dependent, and we value talented, enthusiastic employees in a broad variety of fields to ensure we deliver the best service.
Visit our websites for more information:
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
For more information, or to apply now, you must click on the green "Apply Externally" button to apply. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.