spray and farm technician
Spray and Farm Technician
Summary: To assist in plant health and crop rotations of all commodities.
Report to: Field Manager
Works with: Field Manager, Crew leaders, Plant Health Manager
· Reliable self-starter who is punctual in reporting to work.
- Must be able to set priorities while remaining flexible in the day-to-day operation of the farm and nursery.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Keep proprietary information confidential.
- Must have or obtain an Oregon Private Pesticide Applicator’s License
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- English-Spanish Bilingual preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Dropbox ).
- Report equipment maintenance / break down issues to the Shop to schedule repairs.
- Apply chemicals in a safe manner.
- Help with assist with the cultivation and harvest of crops.
- Assist with the fertilization of crops.
- Assist the company to maintain an OSHA compliant, safe, clean & organized work environment
- Always looking ahead to improve operational efficiencies.
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- When lifting more than 50 pounds use your best judgment to safely lift the object (get someone to help or use some other mechanical lifting device).
- Walk, stand, and bend at the waist and knees while working.
- Use hands, arms, and fingers.
Training & Certification
- Pesticide Applicator & Handler Training.
- Equipment Training: Tractor Driving, Forklift Driving, and Truck Driving.
- Additional Classes will be added based on need.