Natural Resources Specialist (Easement Program Specialist)
Open & closing dates
- Opening and closing dates 06/29/2020 to 07/07/2020
Pay scale & grade
- GS 7 - 11
- $43,251 to $83,210 per year
Help Help Location
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This position is on the State Office easement support staff of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), located in Madison, Wisconsin.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist with efforts that involve securing Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) easements as well as servicing easements through monitoring, management, and enforcement on existing easements.
- Assist in providing technical expertise, program management, training and quality control for ACEP.
- Assist in analyzing workloads and establishing goals commensurate with needs and available resources.
- Assist in developing guidance based on the statute that authorized and funded the program and from NRCS policy.
- Works with state public affairs staff in coordinating and developing media packages, news releases, promotional material, web information, and outreach efforts.
- Assist field offices and state Easement Program Coordinator in the development and management of WRE restoration contracts.
- Assist Realty Specialist and Program Manager with survey reviews and GIS based maps and documents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator's license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position.
Minimum Qualifications Requirement in order to be considered:
Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position
Superior Academic Achievement in a bachelor's degree curriculum directly related to the work of the position. To qualify for superior academic achievement, you must have ONE of the following: (1) standing in the upper third of your college class or major subdivision at the time you apply; (2) grade point average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for all courses completed, either (a) at the time of application or (b) during the last 2 years of your undergraduate curriculum; (3) B+ (3.5 on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for all courses completed in a related discipline, either (a) at the time of application or (b) during the last 2 years of your undergraduate curriculum; OR (4) election to membership in one of the national honorary scholastic societies that meets the requirements of the Association of College Honor Society
See full job announcement at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572209700